Senior/Pipeline Civil Engineer
Quote ref: 1061/77663
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, project management and building services consultancies. They currently have a requirement for an experienced Senior/Pipeline Civil Engineer to join their pipeline team in Warrington or Manchester on a permanent basis. The role is flexible.
Following a continued success in AMP7 period, our client's Infrastructure division is expanding their water framework portfolios both in the UK and Internationally. Their pipeline team is part of a wider multidisciplinary water engineering team. They provide technical expertise in pipeline material selection, route selection and optimisation, delivery of pipeline structural and detailed design, thrust restraint, pipeline rehabilitation, trenchless technologies, condition assessment of existing pipelines, undertake research of pipeline project and deterioration modelling of asset life and pipeline construction support.
As part of the team, you will be working on a variety of infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of mainly infrastructure (pipeline focus) projects across their lifecycles: from feasibility/options assessments to detailed design, construction, commissioning and handover support.
- Engage with the clients and contractors, including in a Design and Build environment, to develop, innovate and implement best practice pipeline solutions.
- Collaborative working with the clients, contractors and across external/internal project teams to ensure successful and cost-effective delivery of projects.
- Actively plan, execute and review engineering design deliverables including calculations, drawings, specifications and reports in accordance with relevant design standards, codes, Client Standards and Akins’ design management system.
- Lead efficient and agile delivery of projects to meet programme and budget.
- Leadership in overall quality and safe design of technical solutions in project delivery.
- Championing digital engineering initiatives and innovation in water sector solutions.
- Act as a mentor to other team members, potentially with line management responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree with a civil engineering bias; Chartered Member of a recognised engineering institution.
- A strong technical water sector knowledge of relevant UK codes and standards relating to pipelines and the wider water industry.
- Highly motivated, organised and with a strong desire to lead and contribute to technical excellence within project teams
- Experience as a Project Technical /Civil Lead role on large diameter pipeline projects
- Experience of working with contractors to deliver the successful implementation of engineering solutions.
- Interest and experience in delivering sustainable solutions with an emphasis on carbon reduction
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative leader within a multidisciplinary team including the client, contractor, and colleagues.
- Good understanding of digital initiatives and their application in the water industry.
- Flexibility and adaptability with work locations to meet client’s needs.