Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, project management and building services consultancies and, due to their expanding workload, they are currently looking for a Chartered (or Nearly Chartered) Engineer to join their award-winning Building Structures Team in Bristol.
The team works on a diverse project portfolio within the Building Design practice across the UK and abroad. They are suppling engineering services across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure across sectors including Education, Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Defence, Energy, and Transportation. By joining them, you will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects that will draw on and develop your skillset and career.
Your role will be to:
- Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program.
- Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project.
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities.
- Chartered Engineer, MIStructE or MICE, or nearly Chartered.
- Experience in successfully leading the structural engineering delivery of small projects including the management of small, focused project teams to deliver to agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understating of current design standards and working practices.
- Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support their client relationships.
- You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.