Senior Health and Safety Advisor
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our client is a water company and they are looking for a Senior Health and Safety Advisor for their operations in Kent .
As a Senior Health and Safety Advisor, you’ll guarantee compliance and competent guidance for all Health and Safety elements of engineering projects to ensure incident-free delivery in accordance with construction design and management criteria. You’ll be responsible for delivering accurate and timely reports to the HSQ and engineering management teams. Furthermore, you’ll take a leading role in providing advice, support, and direction to all their departments on all construction, contractor liaison, and associated health and safety requirements.
You have a demonstrated history in a health, safety, and quality function, as well as applicable technical credentials. You will inspect work environments to verify that their rules and procedures are followed. Assisting with specialist risk assessments and supporting specific projects and continuous improvement programmes assigned by the Head of Department will also be part of the job.
The company's water delivery network includes Kent, Sussex, Hampshire, Surrey, and Berkshire in the South East of England. As a result, some travel will be required to attend meetings or perform site inspections. You should have past expertise dealing with a dispersed and remote workforce. This is a wonderful chance to leverage your self-motivation, persuasiveness, and attention to detail to help the company sustain a thriving health and safety culture.
What will you be responsible for delivering?
- Delivery of the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Strategy as it applies to Capital Delivery at the company.
- Delivery of the health, safety and wellbeing objectives of the Capital Delivery department as set by the Head of Engineering
- Monitoring the health and safety performance of the capital delivery team and contractors; identifying trends in health and safety performance and assisting in solutions to resolve any issues identified.
- Reporting to the management team on health and safety issues as they arise, supporting Project Managers and their teams ensure timely and effective resolution.
- Provision of professional health and safety guidance and assistance to all members of the engineering team
- Regular liaison with both the Head of Health, Safety and Quality and the Head of Engineering to ensure consistency of approach and adherence to their corporate standards.
- Leading or supporting incident investigation and providing actionable recommendations for continuous improvement
- Lead contractor engagement and collaborative forums with their framework contractors
- Previous experience working in a health, safety, and quality function.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety standards and legal requirements.
- NEBOSH / NCRQ Certificate or equivalent (diploma level is desirable).
- First aid, fire warden, mental health first aid training is desirable.
- Experience conduction audits and inspects, performing incident investigations and undertaking risk assessments.
- Knowledge of construction design and management regulations or construction experience is preferable.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and the ability to persuade / influence others.
- Good knowledge of MS office.
- Experience of working with geographically dispersed and remote workforce
- Full clean driver's licence.