Mechanical / Electrical Field Engineer (Water)
Quote ref: 10772/22176
My client is a specialist water treatment company providing rapidly deployable solutions to the Construction, Food and Wastewater Industries. In the past three years the Company has undergone rapid expansion into new markets and is therefore looking to take on more staff. Their type of work ranges from physical installations to data analysis and diagnosis of site issues. They are currently looking for a Mechanical / Electrical Installation Field Engineer with a wastewater background to cover the Teeside regions. The pay rate is £25,000 - £30,000 dependant on experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake equipment preparation, installation and service duties associated with all mechanical and electrical works for process plant for rental or sales systems.
- Assist in finalising equipment schedules for hire and sales where required to do so.
- Conduct testing of equipment pre-despatch for hire and sale.
Install and commission hire fleet equipment on client sites in accordance with agreed schedule and client requirements.
- Provide Client personnel with relevant training and technical support for the works.
- Carry out permanent installations on client sites.
- Carry out final fit-out and testing of new equipment, including (within limits of competence) electrical and mechanical.
- Carry out pro-active and reactive service visits to the company's equipment on client sites as directed.
- Point of contact with site personnel for maintenance activities.
- Visit client sites to establish maintenance requirements and equipment schedules.
- Ensure testing and inspection certification is adequate for the installation and undertake remedial actions as appropriate.
- Record and report relevant information for stock control, invoicing and ordering purposes.
- Assist in establishing and implementing relevant standards and specifications for the company equipment and installations.
- Obtain quotes and raise requisitions for parts, equipment and services, for approval.
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders within client organisations to promote SPS and assist in identifying potential opportunities.
- Maintain good communications with Hire Fleet Co-ordinator and relevant engineering staff regarding equipment requirements to ensure efficient planning and despatch of correct equipment.
- Maintain good communications with and assist colleagues in the company where required, in the interests of the company's Group as a whole.
- Work in a professional manner in the interests of the company's Group and the Client.
- Holder of a Trade qualification – Electrical or Mechanical
- Previous Construction and Commercial site experience
- History with Water Treatment services
- Adaptable, flexible and proactive attitude
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to demonstrate initiative and professionalism when dealing with customers
- The immediate and permanent right to work in the UK and a full UK driving licence