Associate - Flood Risk / Drainage Modelling
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our client is an international, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. They are currently seeking an Associate - Flood Risk / Drainage across several UK locations potentially. The pay rate is £60-70k depending on experience.
The successful candidate will be the technical lead on a range of diverse drainage modelling, flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure projects, working with Local Authorities, Water Companies and Infrastructure Clients.
Work will involve surface water drainage, SuDS, wastewater networks, urban watercourses and rivers. Many of the projects will involve integrated urban drainage modelling and working in partnership with a number of risk management authorities and utilities. You will provide technical leadership of flood strategy / management projects, be responsible for the oversight of environmental inputs, hydraulic modelling and hydrological studies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Management of assigned projects as required with good commercial awareness and financial control
- Framework / project management of strategic flooding and drainage related projects for local authorities, the EA and Water Companies
- Developing a specialist catchment / flood risk management team across the UK utilising and developing staff across both the Environment and Water sector
- Monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of own discipline team members and project resources
- Undertake marketing and business development role promoting the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation and repeat work
- Ensure the technical quality of own and team’s work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members
- Degree Level Civil Engineer or Other Suitable Science Based Subject
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience of drainage / flooding based projects
- Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit.
- Experience of modelling of surface water drainage, watercourses and waste water networks, preferably using Infoworks ICM (Incl. 2D), Flood Modeller (ISIS), TUFLOW (1D-ESTRY & 2D) or MicroDrainage
- Previous experience working within a consulting engineering organisation
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills