Quantity Surveyor (Water )
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our client is a water and civil engineering contractors with many years experience delivering world class projects across the UK and they are currently looking to recruit Quantity Surveyors from a water background to work on their Thames Water AMP7 framework.
Ideal candidate will have at least QS experience on pre and post contracts. As Quantity Surveyor they will work in a team of multi-discipline contractors, supply chain, and encourage collaboration as well as innovation to be industry leading in commercial management. They will have experience in delivering large scale projects including civil, mechanical, infrastructure and non-infrastructure type work.
Some of your duties will include:
• Achieve the appropriate commercial result for projects through the provision of accurate financial reporting.
• Build and maintain working relationships with the supply chain and clients.
• Manager subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually. Monitor subcontractors against the programme. Negotiate final accounts.
• Place supply chain orders in accordance with the procurement schedule.
• Complete measurements and valuations of work executed, ensuring that they meet the conditions of the contract.
• Ensure payments to Sub Contractors and Supplier are made to the terms and work in progress cash targets.
• Ensure that company construction is compliant with all contractual requirements.
• Provide analysis of cost over-run and cost projections.
• Liaise with clients on commercial issues, including agreement of variations, claims and additional payments.
• Identify legitimate contractual claim situations and prepare suitable and documentation to clients.
- Must have a strong NEC option A experience, and have a civils / water background.
- HND/degree in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent Previous experience of the civil engineering industry
- Familiarity with ICE/NEC forms of contract and knowledge of current Construction Law Extensive experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates and accruals calculations
- Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis Excellent team player whilst also holding the ability to work independently on own initiative Excellent time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to encourage and support junior members of the Commercial Team
• Prior pre and post contract experience in a construction QS role working on water projects
• Strong understanding of modern building techniques, plant and equipment and an appreciation of logistical needs/issues
• Strong understanding of construction contract conditions
• Appreciations of the impact of cost in the completion of a programme and development of a construction solutions
• Educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management or equivalent qualification
• Full Driving License
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.
- Member of RICS or other relevant professional body, or working towards CSCS card