Our client is a water and civil engineering contractors with many years experience delivering world class projects across the UK and they are currently looking to recruit Quantity Surveyors from a water background to work on their Thames Water AMP7 framework.
Ideal candidate will have at least QS experience on pre and post contracts. As Quantity Surveyor they will work in a team of multi-discipline contractors, supply chain, and encourage collaboration as well as innovation to be industry leading in commercial management. They will have experience in delivering large scale projects including civil, mechanical, infrastructure and non-infrastructure type work.
Some of your duties will include:
• Achieve the appropriate commercial result for projects through the provision of accurate financial reporting.
• Build and maintain working relationships with the supply chain and clients.
• Manager subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually. Monitor subcontractors against the programme. Negotiate final accounts.
• Place supply chain orders in accordance with the procurement schedule.
• Complete measurements and valuations of work executed, ensuring that they meet the conditions of the contract.
• Ensure payments to Sub Contractors and Supplier are made to the terms and work in progress cash targets.
• Ensure that company construction is compliant with all contractual requirements.
• Provide analysis of cost over-run and cost projections.
• Liaise with clients on commercial issues, including agreement of variations, claims and additional payments.
• Identify legitimate contractual claim situations and prepare suitable and documentation to clients.