Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our Client is a tier 1 main contractor that works in the water sector and they are looking for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Plymouth in the South West.
The Managing Quantity Surveyor is required to provide commercial support to the project team, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and ensure that the Company’s ‘objectives are achieved. They will liaise with customer representatives and other third parties on commercial issues including agreement of variations, claims and any additional payments.
- Ensure robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at both project and business unit level
- Ensure accurate cash flow reporting takes place
- Carry out cost management including forecasting
- Update the monthly CVR, cost and commercial plans and have accountability, along with the project team for the commercial performance and strategy
- Help ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the business unit
- Actively seek to improve processes and procedures
- Have a good understanding of the processes and procedures used by any JV/Alliance that they are working within, and assist in their development and improvement
- External relationships Ensure that any main contracts entered into have terms and conditions that are appropriate for Client, with commercial risks identified
- Ensure that the supply chain are engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms and conditions
- Ensure that good client relationships are fostered Be responsible for subcontract letting, negotiation and financial accounting
- Effectively assist in managing the commercial team, including cost clerks and commercial support staff Ensure effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams
- Supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors