Quote ref: 4762/28077
We have an excellent opportunity for a General Foreman to join one of UK's largest building and civil engineering contractors with many years’ experience delivering world class projects across the UK and Ireland.
As a General Foreman you will primarily be involved in the daily inspection of the quality of the work completed onsite. Alongside with the site team you will initiate continuous improvements to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget. This will ensure the customers’ expectations are met, whilst aligning activities within industry standards.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
• Ensuring that Quality standards are achieved and are ‘right first time’
• The continuous monitoring of the progress of the works to ensure contract objectives are being met
• Ensuring that, changes to the scope of works are identified, agreed, implemented and effectively managed
• Ensuring that robust records are maintained i.e. diaries, allocation sheets, plant etc.
• The provision of formal reports on progress to the Project Manager/Site Agent
• Ensuring that all relevant issues, which cannot be resolved at site level, are passed for the attention of the Project Manager / Site Agent
• Effective leadership, supervision, utilisation and monitoring of Direct and Subcontract Labour Force
• Reporting of any unsafe practices
• Identify changes to the scope of work, implementing and managing change effectively:
o All applicable legislation
o The Terms and Conditions of the contract
o The Contract Health and Safety Plan
o The Contract Quality / Environmental Plan
o The Network Rail approved Works Package Plans and Task Briefing Sheets
o The approved Construction Drawings and Specification
o The Policies and Procedures contained within the Company Business Management System