Senior Energy Geoscientist
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected energy and civil services consultancies. They have a requirement for a Senior Energy Geoscientist to join their growing team on a permanent basis and to help support their increasing portfolio and workload. This role is located in Epsom, Glasgow or London.
Your day-to-day role may include the following activities:
- Acting as Technical Lead and checker for Marine Geoscience, Offshore Ground Modelling and Marine Geophysics related projects.
- Leading the integration of marine geoscience datasets (e.g., bathymetry, seismic reflection data, geotechnical data, etc.) for the development of ground models.
- Leading the interpretation of seismic reflection survey data (SBP, SUHRS and MUHRS).
- Loading and QC of offshore geophysical survey data.
- Interpretation of borehole, CPT and vibrocore data.
- Geohazard Identification and Evaluation.
- Ground model reporting.
- GIS based analysis of geophysical, geospatial and geotechnical data and data management.
- Mentoring of junior team members in marine geoscience and offshore ground modelling workflows.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent) with geophysics and marine geoscience content.
- Strong applied background and experience in Marine Geology, Geoscience and/or Geophysics.
- Experience of acting as a Marine Geoscientist or Marine Geoscientist in a related field, such as offshore renewables, offshore geophysical survey, research or O&G.
- Understanding of offshore geophysical data types including sidescan sonar, magnetometer, sub-bottom profiler and ultra-high resolution seismic.
- Ability to interpret shallow seismic reflection data, including seismic facies analysis and sequence stratigraphy. Willingness to mentor junior staff members in seismic interpretation workflows.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong ability to assess complex geological problems and understanding of Quaternary regional geological processes.
- Strong ability to communicate the rationale for interpretations.
- Understanding of the integration and interpretation of CPT, borehole and vibrocore data into geological ground models.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team on offshore 3D ground modelling projects.
- Experience in the use of seismic interpretation software.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
The following qualities are desirable:
- Doctoral degree or equivalent experience is an advantage.
- Experience or academic background in the geology of glaciated terrains and glacial depositional environments.
- Experience in the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software (ArcGIS, QGIS or similar).
- Working towards chartership with the Geological Society of London (GSL).
- Experience in the use of IHS Kingdom or DUG Insight software.
- Experience of planning, scoping and specification of marine geophysical and/or geotechnical site investigations.
- Experience in carrying out offshore geophysical and geotechnical surveys.