- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is a main civil engineering and infrastructure contractor and has a new job opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor. They have an exciting new cross-country pipeline project and are looking to recruit site-based Quantity Surveyors for their Ipswich site. These positions are initially 12-month fixed-term contracts, with the potential for possible extension.
Based on site as their new Quantity Surveyor, you’ll act as the commercial conscious to the integrated delivery team, providing commercial support to both the delivery management and on-site delivery teams. You’ll ensure that operations are carried out to control costs, you’ll manage compensation, monitor direct labour, work closely with sub-contractors, and focus on risk reduction. Maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety, you’ll also oversee full compliance with the Alliance and Anglian Water governance procedures consistently.
• Together with the Project Commercial Manager manage all aspects of commercial and cost management.
• Ensure robust cost management processes are always undertaken with accurate and timely reports, data and analysis on hand to assist in commercial decisions.
• Ensure that all project team members and site staff understand the contractual arrangements, to satisfy Client & Partner organisation requirements.
• Work in collaboration with the Delivery Team to identify, implement and monitor efficiency plans throughout the lifecycle of the project.
• Ensuring that proper records (including final accounts) are kept & maintained so financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available.
To be considered for this position, you’ll have extensive experience in managing costs. Whilst a degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering/ management/ cost discipline would be beneficial.
Showcasing your first-class customer service and leadership skills, you’ll have an in-depth knowledge of construction and safety and be comfortable challenging processes, practices, and norms to improve the overall commercial offering to the business.