Senior Structural Engineer
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our client, who is one of the world’s most respected consultancies, is looking to appoint Chartered Senior Structural Engineer into their Bristol Structures team to help them deliver work on major DEFENCE and NUCLEAR projects in the South West.
Successful candidates will be required to work a minimum of 3 days per week from the client office or construction site in Devon or Somerset.
You will have an opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects across the UK.
The role will be providing technical and creative challenges and you will have the satisfaction of working on projects which are changing the way people live and work today.
This is a hybrid role based in Bristol but it will also require regular travel to other locations in Devon or Somerset.
This role will require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
- Deliver and lead multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to programme.
- Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities
- Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project.
- Be a technical champion within the team.
- Assist in managing the broader team through mentoring and training.
- Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support relationships with the clients
- Ability to manage and work to budget and program, to control costs and manage change control processes.
- Be a technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability.
Have experience in several, and ideally all of the following areas;
- UK MoD Defence Projects (JSP’s, CTM etc)
- Submarine Facilities Design
- Nuclear Projects (Satisfying Safety Cases)
- Seismic Design and Detailing (Steel and Concrete to US Codes)
- Maritime Design (BS 6349)
- Heavy Civils Design
- Building Design
- Acting as a Discipline Lead
- Design and/or Project Management
- This should include experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understanding of current design standards and working practices.
- The ability to translate this broad range of technical skills into imaginative ideas which enhance the quality of the client's designs.
- Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
- A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
- The ability to develop scopes of work and delivery programmes.
- Experience of working with, and managing, small focused project teams.
- You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- A curious minded individual who enjoys the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others.