Project BIM Coordinator
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our client is the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. They are currently looking for a Project BIM Coordinator/Building Services BIM Coordinator to join their growing team on a permanent basis. The role is flexible and can be located in London or Epsom.
Our client works across the UK and internationally providing multi-disciplinary building design services for new build, retrofit and repurposing projects. Their work has considerable breadth and diversity in both scale and sector expertise including commercial, residential, government, education, healthcare, transportation, defence, nuclear, renewables, logistics, data centres, industrial and manufacturing. The company has a reputation for innovation and a drive to meet today’s most pressing challenges – from construction productivity and predictability to achieving the highest environmental standards and social purpose.
The Project BIM Coordinator is a key function within the project delivery and shall have effective regard for the coordination and management of project workflows which assist with the creation and managing of digital information and in accordance with the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP). You will have a responsibility for ensuring the model is developed in strict accordance with the agreed standards, methods and procedures, defined in the project BEP. You will also develop the required data sets and conduct clash detection and model coordination and assist the team with model issues that arise.
- Liaise with Regional BIM and IM managers to configure the Revit Project Template to form discipline specific template, as well as organise and deliver the BIM kick off meeting.
- Ensure the Task Information Delivery Plan reflects the programme and is maintained.
- Assist project teams with modelling and detailing
- Liaise with other offices on all aspects of Project set-up.
- Liaise with other offices on project delivery, ensuring UK standards are aligned and the project is de-risked.
- Develop and Maintain the Risk Register and help resolve BIM design issues.
- Manage and maintain project content and request additional content for project teams
- Helping to technically deliver BIM projects in the role of CAD and BIM coordination.
- Produce clash data sets and perform coordination and clash detection on all models.
- Coordinate and maintain the Revit model
- Conduct Model audits and liaise with Project Information Manager or Regional BIM Manager on model performance and structure.
- Troubleshoot Problems with BIM Authoring tools.
- Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team.