Technical Manager (process) - Water
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
My client is a waste water treatment and processing company and they are looking for a Technical Manager (process) for their offices in South Wales.
the successful candidate will provide process and technical support to the sales team in the development of water/wastewater and environmental solutions. Oversea the workload of the laboratory, ensuring appropriate governance control measures are in place. Providing technical leadership and development for the process support team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Provide technical leadership and governance for process design activities in supporting the Technical Sales team in the development of water / wastewater treatment solutions largely based around the Siltbuster portfolio and evaluate wider potential opportunities for the business.
• Oversee onsite laboratory and testing in the development of solutions or through defined and agreed R&D activities, with engagement with external bodies such as universities.
• On more complex sites, lead the analysis and interpretation of sample data, site information, including the preparation of mass balance calculations in the development of the best solution in collaboration with the Technical Sales teams.
• Undertake process design, including the review and development of PFD, control philosophies and P&IDs.
• Provide positive leadership and mentoring to the immediate team, including training and mentoring to wider members of the business in process design aspects.
• Liaison with Clients and key industry stakeholders for specific technical matters, including site meetings and collating site data.
• Maintain a high level of understanding of environmental regulations and legislation issues which could influence the business and the opportunities presented.
• Active involvement in the preparation of articles, papers, publications and presentations; including the participation at events, client meetings etc as appropriate.
• Maintain a professional representation for business through liaison with Clients, suppliers and key industry stakeholders for specific technical matters.
• Attending seminars and sites as appropriate to provide appropriate level of support to the Technical Sales teams and development of business opportunities.
• Lead by example in positive QHSE behaviours and in the implementation of QHSE policies and procedures and ongoing risk management.
• Ensure staff role competency, the adequate provision of training, toolbox talks, supervision and PPE.
• Ensure the work environment and site laboratory are maintained in a safe condition, as per legal requirements and have statutory certificates of inspection/examination where relevant.
• Ensure effective monitoring of QHSE and work closely with QHSE representative(s) to ensure compliance with quality standards, Health, Safety and other governmental regulations.
• Effective management of the technical team to support the business needs and clearly communicate with sector sales leads.
• Ensure appropriate technical governance processes are developed and implemented for the business.
• Provide strong leadership, including the mentoring, coaching and training of key personnel.
• Consideration of financial aspects in the development of solutions, where necessary participation in commercial reviews on proposals and tenders.
• Providing technical support with regards to wastewater and effluent treatment solutions across the construction, municipal, industrial effluent sectors.
• Provide leadership, training, and development to key personnel within the team.
• Strong attention to detail on developing technical solutions based on proven designs / systems and undertake research / R&D as appropriate for the business opportunities.
• Basic understanding of ISO 14001 and 9001:2015 standards and Health, Safety environmental legislation.
• Degree qualified (or greater) in technical environment to support the chemistry needs of the business; disciplines such as Chemical Engineering, Water & Environmental Engineering.
• Relevant (7+ years) industry experience is essential with practical / operational outlook on a wide range of wastewater / effluent treatment plant.
• Experience of undertaking process review.
• Experience of leading teams and developing people.