Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our client is one of the UK's largest building and civils engineering contractors with many years experience delivering world class projects across the UK and Ireland.
Ideal candidate will have at least ten years experience on pre and post contracts. As Senior Quantity Surveyor they will manage a team of multi-discipline contractors, supply chain, and encourage collaboration as well as innovation to be industry leading in commercial management.
Some of your duties will include:
• Achieve the appropriate commercial result for projects through the provision of accurate financial reporting.
• Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually. Monitor subcontractors against the programme. Negotiate final accounts.
• Develop, manage, and coordinate the procurement schedule.
• Complete measurements and valuations of work executed, ensuring that they meet the conditions of the contract (re-measure as required).
• Ensure payments to Sub Contractors and Supplier are made to the terms and work in progress cash targets.
• Monitor project expenditure against budget. Provide analysis of cost over-run and cost projections. Exploring opportunities to maximise value and minimise cost.
• Liaise with clients on commercial issues, including agreement of variations, claims and additional payments.
• Create project specific commercial risk and opportunity profiles with measurable controls and allocate responsibility.
• Lead and support a team of Surveyors. This will include people management interventions such as performance management, individual focus reviews, manpower planning and the continuous professional development of the team.
• Mentor and coach your commercial team members in line with Company standards and values, to maximise the potential of both the teams and the individuals in line with the Company values and behavioural competencies.
• Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies
What you will need to succeed in the role?
• At least ten years pre and post contract experience in a construction commercial management role working on major projects.
• Experience administering NEC form of contract.
• NEC Change Management Experience
• Risk Management
• Degree or demonstrable suitable commercial management experience
• Major Civil Engineering Project Experience
• Strong understanding of modern Civil Engineering techniques, plant and equipment and an appreciation of logistical needs/issues.
• Strong understanding of construction contract conditions.
• Appreciations of the impact of cost in the completion of a programme and development of a construction solutions.
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.