Senior Civil Engineer/Principal Civil Engineer (Water)
Quote ref: 1061/76759
Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who has been rapidly growing within the Water sector and who is looking for multiple experienced professionals to join them on permanent basis.
The successful candidates for the Senior/Principal Civil Engineers roles will be joining their Derby Infrastructure division. With this division, they will help deliver innovative multidisciplinary engineering solutions for the broad range of strategic UK and international clients, across both Clean Water and Wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure areas. This includes treatment plants, desalination, pipeline and pumping stations, collection and storage systems.
The successful candidate will be working in agile and future-facing environment as a part of multidisciplinary water/wastewater design team.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Leading and contributing to the successful delivery of projects across UK and international project lifecycles: feasibility studies, front-end to detailed design (incl. Design and Build), and construction support
- Leading and contributing to work winning through production of proposals, fees, and scope definition, in response to client tenders
- Client or contractor engagement (incl. Design & Build) to lead and contribute to discussions on technical water civil engineering solutions, to technical and non-technical clients
- Leading and contributing to the efficient delivery of projects to meet programme and budget
- Production and review of design deliverables including engineering design calculation, drawings and report writing for project
- Leading and contributing to quality and safe design of technical solutions for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes.
- Acting as a mentor to other team members, potentially with line management responsibility.
- Educated to degree level with a civil engineering bias; Chartered Member of a recognised engineering institution.
- Hands on experience of design/design-&-build/project and bid delivery in the water and/or wastewater engineering sector Worldwide (UK and Gulf regions particularly).
- A strong technical water sector background, incl. knowledge of relevant UK and international codes and standards, for water and/or wastewater infrastructure and/or non-infrastructure assets.
- Highly motivated, organised and with a strong desire to lead and contribute to technical excellence
- Experience of working with contractors to deliver the successful implementation of engineering solutions, including the Design & Build environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a multidisciplinary team including with Clients, Contractors and colleagues alike.
- Good understanding of digital initiatives and its application in the water industry.
- Flexible approach to work type and locations for project assignments, including overseas working or visits, if required.