Project Engineer - WATER
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our client is a water company and they are looking project engineers on a freelance basis (outside of IR35) for long term water projects.
- To promote and present the company's products and technologies to prospective clients.
- To arrive at a thorough understanding of the Client’s requirements and the company's proposals for projects in which the company participates.
- To direct engineering disciplines in the production of project deliverables such as designs, calculations, specifications, proposals, drawings and other documentation as required and to be responsible for their compliance with the company’s quality procedures and tender/contract documents.
- To produce, update and track the project programme.
- To manage, promote and maintain the company's relationship with the client by means of meetings, correspondences and other various modes of communications.
- To manage the company's subcontractors and suppliers including reviewing scope of work, checking orders/subcontracts, approving invoices, monitoring performance and highlight and review variations.
- To provide regular updates to Senior Management about the progress of tenders/projects and their status in view of the programme, budget and risk.
Additional tasks specific to role
- To fully define by means of schedules, data sheets, calculations, specifications and reports the mechanical engineering scope of works for projects and proposals.
- To manage the draughtsmen/women in the production of drawings and other documentation as required and to be responsible for the checking for accuracy, completeness and fitness thereof.
- Prepare requisitions to enable the purchase of equipment, materials and services. Assess submitted quotations for technical compliance including fitness for purpose, responding to queries and clarifications as necessary. Make recommendations for acceptance to the purchasing team and check purchase orders and subcontracts for technical correctness.
- Respond to technical queries raised by vendors, review and approval of design drawings, documents or instructions and, if required, to carry out inspections and tests during and on completion of manufacture.
- To maintain and keep up to date the design information, drawings and documents, throughout the project stages including identifying and making revisions to requisitions.
- To attend site or other works to conduct surveys, make investigations and attend meetings as necessary.
- To identify and properly document all variations to and deviations from the original scope of engineering works.
- Experience in the project management in the water industry.
- Management Experience in leading a team of professional engineers.
- Financial Management Experience.
- Planning and programming training and experience.
- Engineering Discipline Qualification.
- Membership in accredited organisations is a bonus.
- Coordination and management experience.