Our client is a main contractor that works in the civils , infrastructure and utilities sectors and due to recent project wins they are recruiting for approved electricians.
This experienced Commercial/industrial electrician will form part of a newly developing team working in London and across the Thames Valley, typical works involve the setup, installation, and testing of power supplies to construction site setups and installation of power and control circuits on small to medium value projects for the company clients such as Thames Water.
This is an excellent opportunity to form part of a new electrical team being formed within an already successful and ever-expanding civil engineering business.
• Install, maintain, and repair electrical systems and equipment within the water/wastewater industry, including armoured cabling and panel modification.
• Read panel drawings.
• Undertake the role of competent person working under an electrical site supervisor, reporting back on progress/issues daily
• Carry out some scoping of works and assist site team leaders with RAMS
• Maintain a good company image, working closely with Thames Water and Affinity Water, ensuring all rules are followed maintaining a safe system of work
• Carry out inspection and testing of installed systems and equipment to fill in NICEIC certification on a company-issued tablet
Key measures & targets:
• Adherence to all deadlines set
• Ensure all health and safety rules are followed
• Ensure installations are completed to high standards to program timetable
• Report progress and issues found on-site to the electrical site supervisor daily
• Commercial / Industrial Electrical installation experience
• Able to take a company van
• Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship C&G 2391 or 2394/5 Inspections and Testing
• 18th Edition
• JIB CSCS ECS Gold Card (Electrician/ Approved)
• First Aid
• Clean driving licence
• Team player
• Thames Water Passport
• Experience in working on water company assets
• ESUR Card
• C&G confined space
• Worked in / with MCC, Control panels / Circuits