Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
Quote ref: 1061/86725
Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who has been rapidly growing within various sectors and who is looking for multiple experienced professionals to join them on permanent basis. This role is for a Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer located in Birmingham / Derby.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead and/or contribute on feasibility, outline and detailed design projects.
- Liaise with internal and external clients within the UK and worldwide.
- Support bidding and be proactive in the winning of work.
- Take ownership of specific ‘skill areas’ or activities within their technical knowledge networks.
- Supporting and mentoring, with the possibility of formal line management responsibilities.
- Contributing to new innovative ideas/ making suggestions for innovation.
- Opportunity to present your project work at company meetings or at conferences.
- Working with and developing their digital tools and products.
- Degree-qualified with a mechanical engineering bias; ideally a Chartered member of a recognised engineering institution.
- You will have extensive UK water/wastewater industry experience.
- You will have a blend of leadership and technical expertise.
- You will have experience of managing and mentoring teams and/or individuals and/or projects, potentially split across disciplines and locations.
- A developing external profile and reputation; a desire and willingness to raise the profile of oneself and the Company.
- Willingness to contribute to and develop their technical knowledge networks.