Senior Drainage & SUDS Engineer
- Deadline: 21.02.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. They are one of the leading names in the field of Surface Water Management (SWM) and shaping the dialogue within the UK and internationally in how drainage should become integrated part of green blue infrastructure and master planning.
They have a requirement for a Senior Drainage & SUDS Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis and to help support their increasing portfolio and workload. All major UK location - Epsom, Bristol, Cardiff, Warrington, Scotland, Belfast, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham (flexible working)
By joining their drainage team, you will be joining a multi-disciplinary team with a national remit to work with a variety of clients including water companies, local, highway and rail authorities and developers on major projects. You will be part of a team that develops cutting edge digital services to its clients. You will work closely with other technical experts and have a potential to develop into the regional point of contact for Surface Water Management and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS), providing technical expertise, mentoring graduate engineers and liaising with key clients across the field.
They are looking for an engineer who has experience in drainage and SuDS. The successful candidate will also have a keen interest in planning, ecology, landscape architecture, environmental economics and management improving the environment we live in and generally looking after our planet. You don't have to be an expert in all these things but an interest in all or some will be highly beneficial.
If you are an engineer who wants to develop your all-round skills and help find solutions for the management of water in the 21st century then a career in Drainage and Storm water Management, this will be a great opportunity for you.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Producing drainage infrastructure design packages
- Assisting drainage engineers in developing drainage design solutions on multi-disciplinary projects
- Project and design management of schemes, delivering projects to time and to budget
- Preparing and delivery of technical presentations and SUDS expertise to wide variety of clients
- Preparing financial and technical proposals for project opportunities
- Supervision, management and technical development of junior members of the team
- Coordination with other disciplines working on the projects and site team
- Chartered status (ICE or CIWEM) or nearly chartered
- Experience in drainage design including Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS)
- Competence in the use of AutoCAD and Hydraulic modelling – preferably Microdrainage and/or Civils 3D
- Working knowledge of the CDM Regulations
- Proven track record in coordinating and delivering technically excellent projects on time and to budget
- First class written and oral communication skills
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative, sustainable and cost effective solutions
- Experience working on a Design & Build environment
- Experience of team working on multi-disciplinary projects
- Sound commercial understanding
- Able to develop and motivate others
- Proven record of developing client relationships
- Awareness of BIM and digital design processes