Quantity Surveyor (Water / Civils)
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our client who is a successful Water Contractor has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity surveyor to join its team in East Sussex.
You will report directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
- Quantity surveying duties in respect of managing projects or a work package or packages
- Liaise with design, construction and supply chain teams to capture, analyse and control cost -Report to the Managing QS when contractual notices and correspondence under the main contract and sub-contracts are identified as necessary
- Manage early warnings and change control
- Prepare and manage sub-contractor accounts including enquiries, orders, payments, sub-contract administration and accounts in accordance with the contract and -procedures.
- Ensure appropriate commercial records are maintained
- The preparation of project cost & value reports, budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation and agreement of applications for payment
- Be proactive in self-development and professional qualification
- Assist in the development of Quantity surveyors and graduate QSs
- Carry out sub-contractor performance reviews on allocated sub-contractors.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- ARICS or studying for APC
- Serval years’ experience working with a main contractor
- Working towards or have chartered membership of a recognised institution
- Degree or equivalent
- NEC 3 or other target cost contract experience
- Several years' experience in civil engineering
- Experience of managing and developing an individual or small team
- Ambitious and dynamic personality.