Civil CAD Technician
Quote ref: 563/20169
Our client a notable force within their sector and with an annual turnover in excess of £250m are looking to expand their team with the appointment of a Civil CAD Technician for their Water Joint Venture. With over 1000 staff working for them across 8 region regional offices they operate in both join ventures and alliances successfully. This role is located in the East Midlands Ideally suited to those based in Nottingham, Sheffield or Derby, and has a day rate of £310. The role is initially 3 months with a view for extension.
You will report directly to the senior civil engineer and the responsibilities will include:
• Produce civil design layouts and general site layout drawings which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that standard practices are utilised where ever possible.
• Provide estimates and feedback for proposals department
• Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
• Assist in developing procedures and processes
• Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
• Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
• To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives,
• Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
• Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
• Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
• Experience of producing accurate drawings to enable effective and efficient construction
• Experience of using AutoCAD, Microstation, Revit 3D
• Driving license