Network Rail has released details of its £4 billion Eastern Region Renewals and Minor Enhancements programme for CP7 (2024-2029).
It will split the Eastern region – which covers the Anglia, East Coast, East Midland and North & East routes – into a north and south area.
Network Rail says it is looking to appoint 14 contractors to design and deliver the CP7 renewals and minor enhancement works across the Eastern Region. Furthermore, five secondary suppliers will also be appointed. They will work according to the following lots:
- Lot 1 Structures, Geotechnics & Buildings (North): 3 partners plus 1 secondary supplier (Value: £850,000,000). Includes bridges, tunnels, depots and earthworks.
- Lot 2 Structures, Geotechnics & Buildings (South): 3 partners plus 1 secondary supplier (Value: £850,000,000). Covers similar ground to lot 1.
- Lot 3 Signalling and Telecoms North & South: 4 partners (2 per partnership region) plus 1 secondary supplier (Value: £300,000,000). Includes signal renewals, signal conversions, point conversions, and track circuit conversions.
- Lot 4 Electrification & Power – Contact Systems North & South: 2 partners (1 per partnership region) plus 1 secondary supplier (Value: £480,000,000). Includes OLE, DC contact systems and more, such as pantograph monitoring systems.
- Lot 5 Electrification & Power – Distribution and Plant North & South: 2 partners (1 per partnership region) plus 1 secondary supplier (Value: £520,000,000). Includes HV and LV work. Covers everything from rail yard lighting to swing bridge controls.
Work orders will allow a team to assist on work applicable to them but associated with another lot. For example, the Structures, Geotechnics and Buildings partner can undertake the Structures, Geotechnics and Buildings works associated with a Signalling or OLE Works Order.
The framework agreements will last five years, with the option for a further five. There will also be a four-month mobilisation period and another granted to complete outstanding works.
Read more here
To view latest railways vacancies please visit