This contract with our central government client is for a Graphic Designer for 12 months. The role is located in Aldermaston- hybrid working but not every week in the office. Travel with the rest of the team to exhibitions around the UK (optional)
- Contribute to the development of the client's brand and adhere to the identity guidelines taking direction from the Graphic Design Manager.
- Location work, on and off-site to assist in delivery of exhibition and event projects.
- Production of large format graphics panels, mounting and laminating.
- Designing and developing creative content for digital channels, including but not limited to, website, social media, mobile apps, vector graphics for animation.
- Applying graphic design principles and advising the customer on the best design solution and channel to deliver on the project objectives.
- Test graphic designs across various media, both on- and off-line.
- Working with the Imaging team to identify the most appropriate images to use in the design and for the channel selected.
- Retouching images to ensure they meet print and digital standards, such as colour, typography and image libraries.
- Correcting and formatting collateral/artwork and preparing appropriate output files to meet print and digital standards.
- Working closely with the business and the team as a whole to follow designs and artwork from their conception to final sign-off.
- Working with the Graphic Design Manager, or creative team in an external agency, to produce concepts and final designs.
- Liaising with external printers and acting as a point of contact for the artwork department of the studio or agency.
- Defining budget requirements, identifying any constraints and delivering projects to time, quality and cost through effective project management.
- Being flexible enough to learn more about unfamiliar subjects as required and applying new techniques to deliver the best solution to meet the project objectives.
- Planning exhibition/event projects with regard to safety and manual handling aspects.