- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our client is one of the UK's main electricity suppliers and an exciting opportunity has risen to work in their environmental team. This role can be based in Warwick, Wokingham or Glasgow with hybrid working from office and home. This is a full-time role, and they offer flexible working arrangements.
- Developing the assessment methodology for assessing the environmental and community impact of offshore wind farm connections and lead the appraisal of environmental and community considerations for various design options being considered within the HND.
- Provide environmental and consenting expertise and knowledge to the project design options being develop under the HND to minimise environmental and community impact and ensure design proposals are consent able and deliverable.
- Manage specialist consultants responsible for delivering the cable corridor routeing and subsequent environmental and community appraisals, ensuring their work is delivered accurately and on time.
- Work with key external stakeholders including transmission owners, government and Statutory Bodies to present and gain feedback on HND design options
- Support the appraisal of various design options against the terms of reference within the HND to provide a final design recommendation
- Articulating the rationale for the final design recommendation within technical reports and in meetings with interested stakeholders
- Work with the design teams to integrate environment and community considerations into network designs, ensuring they have a network design which achieves better environment and community outcomes.
- Awareness raising of environmental and community considerations in network design and other activities of the business.
- Identifying areas of continual improvement for the appraisal and consideration of environment and community in network planning.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation, planning processes, consenting regimes and environmental assessment processes
- Knowledge of strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats regulation assessments.
- Experience of manging complex projects and managing consultants to deliver desired outcomes.