- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our client is a water and civil engineering contractor with many years’ experience delivering world class projects across the UK and they are currently looking to recruit a Site Agent located in London. The salary is £50,000 to £60,000 dependant on experience.
The main purpose Site Agent will be responsible for the management of the construction site to achieve the required project delivery to the customers’ objectives while maintaining standards of health and safety, quality, environmental impact, and cost control. You will be responsible for the delivery of various projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance. The successful candidate will work closely with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager, engineers, and quantity surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Overall responsibility for the successful delivery of various projects in the Civils and Water sectors
• Deliver the work to the specified quality without defects
• When required, lead a team of Sub Agents, Engineers, and Foreman to deliver the work safely without environmental incidents, and to the specified quality.
• Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, RAMS, ITP as well as Waste Management Plans, when specified, in line with Company procedures
• Ensure the commercial performance of the contract is maximised
• Produce and manage the project construction programme as well as produce 2 weeks’ look ahead.
• Produce procurement schedules and liaise with the procurement department to ensure sites have adequate resources to complete the tasks
• Undertake an ambassadorial role representing the business to customers, the public and official bodies
• Deliver product to customer requirements and satisfaction
• Populate and manage the cost plan for the project
• Maximise project value
• Ensure detailed site diaries/records are completed
• Maintain commercial tension to drive out cost and challenge the status quo
• Endeavour to spot and highlight value engineering opportunities
• Produce good quality, accurate monthly reports internally and for the Client
• Chair weekly site meetings in line with Company procedures
The successful candidate will need considerable experience in the Civil and Water sectors as well as an appreciation of other aspects of engineering, and is likely to meet all of the following criteria;
• Considerable experience in Civil Engineering and as a Site Agent for a contractor, delivering projects in a highly regulated environment.
• Working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, Design Management, Programme and Risk Management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost, and value reporting
• Good knowledge of specifications and testing regimes relevant to general civil engineering
• Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
• CSCS Mandatory
• IOSH Managing Safely or SMSTS
• Temporary works Coordinator
• Confined space training
• Excellent communication, people, and team management skills
• Ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to a conclusion
• Ability to demonstrate the right behaviours and lead the team to ensure the culture is in line with their Company values
• Ability to demonstrate the right behaviours and motivate and lead the team in line with the Company culture, ensuring high standards of compliance
• Temporary Works Co-ordinator
• CEng MICE, or equivalent
• Knowledge of Primavera P6 software
• Knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract