Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is a water and civil engineering contractor with many years’ experience delivering world class projects across the UK and they are currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor located in Leeds.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to provide commercial support to the project team, maintaining commercial information ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and ensuring that the Company’s ‘Three Pillar’ objectives are achieved. They will liaise with customer representatives and other third parties on commercial issues including agreement of variations, claims and any additional payments.
• Ensure robust, accurate and timely cost and value reporting at both project and business unit level.
• Ensure accurate cash flow reporting takes place.
• Carry out cost management including forecasting.
• Update the monthly CVR, cost and commercial plans and have accountability, along with the project team for the commercial performance and strategy.
• Help ensure that commercial processes are adhered to across the business unit.
• Actively seek to improve processes and procedures.
• Have a good understanding of the processes and procedures used by any JV/Alliance that they are working within and assist in their development and improvement.
• Ensure that any main contracts entered have terms and conditions that are appropriate for the business with commercial risks identified.
• Ensure that the supply chain is engaged appropriately with the correct contract terms and conditions.
• Ensure those good client relationships are fostered
• Be responsible for subcontract letting, negotiation and financial accounting.
• Effectively assist in managing the commercial team, including cost clerks and commercial support staff
• Ensure effective interaction between the commercial team and the operational site teams.
• Supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors
Key measures & targets:
• Accurate monthly forecasting
• Ability to challenge resources and costs.
• Maintaining deadlines in line with the monthly commercial calendar
• Commercial Manager/Managing Quantity Surveyor and rest of the commercial team.
• Business Development and Bid Managers
• HND/degree in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent
• Previous experience in the civil engineering industry
• Familiarity with ICE/NEC forms of contract NEC3 or NEC4 and knowledge of current Construction Law
• Extensive experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycles, certificates, and accruals calculations.
• Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis.
• Excellent team player whilst also holding the ability to work independently on their initiative
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to encourage and support junior members of the Commercial Team
• Experience working for Contractors, Water experience, able to deal with large amounts of data for open book forms of contract.
• Member of RICS or other relevant professional body, or working towards
• CSCS card