Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who are currently looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor in their London Office to work on their varied project portfolio across the education / residential / local government sectors, etc.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate to build on the success of the current team and to help take forward a market-leading cost management business in the Southeast.
They are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to:
- Lead and manage commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Take a hands-on approach to manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with project management, health & safety and building surveying teams in project delivery.
- Take the lead, set the pace and monitor all work executed at all stages to ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients.
- Play a key role in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities.
- Apply the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's policies.
- Managing more junior colleagues, including undertaking performance and development reviews and mentoring/coaching less experienced colleagues.
- Work within a team and provide the full range of Quantity Surveying duties from project inception through to completion.
- Supporting the client’s procurement strategies.
- Site presence as required by specific project deliverables.
- Prepare Estimates/Cost Plans/Tender Documents/Tender Reports.
- Provide post contract Quantity Surveying services.
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/clients.
- Assist in the mentoring and development of junior staff.
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
- Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management.