Quote ref: 513/27127
Our client is a principle contractor who work across sectors throughout the UK, they are offering long term career progression and growth with the company. This is an opportunity for a Project Manager with a strong civils background to work on projects in the North West of England.
Some of the main duties for this role include:
• Manage all phases of projects
• Responsible for all aspects of design, procurement, construction and commissioning
• Review progress, budget resources and forward planning.
• Direct the performance management of all project resources allocated to projects being managed including vendors and sub-contractors.
• Ensure compliance to contract through effective project management techniques and delegated responsibility to other Site Managers and Site Engineers.
• Plan and agree the resources to be allocated to projects with appropriate functional and discipline managers.
• To regulate, negotiate and approve variations to contract in association with the client and internal departments.
• To effect project planning, review, cost control, change control, hand-over and acceptance procedures to meet the terms of the contract.
• To manage and ensure effective two-way communication within the project management team, and between vendors, sub-contractors and the client. This should include formal project meetings where key project milestones are achieved.
• Authorise the placement of order and ensure that applications for payment are correctly administered.
• Through other Project Managers, and Site Managers, ensure the cost-effective management of resources and delegation of key responsibilities.
• Ensure adherence to company procedures, engineering standards, functional specifications and management controls, including all SHEQ procedures.
• To arrange the production of the Project Delivery Plan, identifying all environmental aspects and impacts and mitigation methods and all Health and Safety risks and hazards together with mitigation, with advice as necessary from the SHEQ department, and to provide assistance to the Site Manager in maintaining the plan.
• To comply with all Health and Safety responsibilities commensurate with the role, as outlined in the Health and Safety policy
• Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• CSCS Managers Card
• Substantial experience in civil engineering
• Strong understanding of contract
• Programme and risk management
• NEC contract knowlesge
• Forecasting of costs
• Vost and value reporting
• Design management
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to mentor