Clean Water Modeller
- Deadline: 26.02.2024
Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who has been rapidly growing within various sectors and who is looking for multiple experienced professionals to join them on permanent basis. They are seeking to appoint an experienced Clean Water Modeller to join their Water Sector focussed team based at either their Peterborough or Cambridge office.
- Delivery of projects as part of a team as well as on individual assignments as required.
- Management and coordination of field testing required for model validation and calibration.
- Using hydraulic models for planning and operational purposes.
- Investigation and resolution of water infrastructure issues through the development of design solutions.
- Interacting with clients and other stakeholders during face to face meetings.
- Data analysis and anomaly identification.
- Technical report writing.
- Proactive commitment to Health and Safety.
- Create innovative tools to support the digital drive within the Water industry.
The successful individual will be looking to learn and develop technically, working towards a professional qualification – either ICE or CIWEM. They will be self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles, taking on an appropriate level of responsibility when required. They will be knowledgeable about changes in the Water Industry and implications on design and performance criteria.
- Engineering / water management related degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent Communication Skills – oral and written.
- Proactive and motivated to develop technical knowledge and experience.
- Keen interest and appreciation of the UK Water Industry.
- Demonstratable use of Cleanwater modelling software (InfoWorks / Synergi / InfoWater).
- Excellent team working.
- Good amount of water industry experience.
- Experience working with programming software such as FME and Visual Basic.
- Working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (MapInfo / ArcGIS).
- Previous field testing and data collection experience in the water industry.
- Full UK driving licence (clean).