- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Due to their business expansion, our construction client currently has a new opportunity for a Senior Estimator to join their team at Harefield with some remote work. This role has a competitive salary.
Their Estimators play a crucial role in driving their commercial success, meticulously computing precise, sustainable, and competitive prices for tenders.
Here are just some of the activities you will be involved with…
- Collaboratively agreeing on and formally approving specific resource requirements and desired outcomes.
- Ensuring a clear and accurate comprehension of the costs associated with goods and services.
- Scrutinising the client's pricing schedules to understand the underlying formulas for determining the final net price.
- Creating a detailed Bill of Quantities/Schedules.
- Calculating the cost breakdown for all activities, including supervision and additional expenses.
- Developing a fee structure, especially pertinent for framework contracts.
- Preparing a comprehensive breakdown of the tender for evaluation and actively participating in associated meetings.
- Making necessary adjustments in accordance with agreements.
- Contributing to post-tender negotiations and conducting a thorough pricing review.
They are keen to hear from candidates who can demonstrate:
- Proven, demonstrable experience in delivering precise pricing in civil engineering, with a focus on utilities and the water sectors. Strong civil engineering experience is imperative.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, proactivity, and accountability, coupled with a profound understanding of contract terms, particularly NEC 4 and JTC ICE.
- It is assumed that you are an excellent communicator, problem solver, and possess superb organisational skills.