Job Title: Water Demand & Leakage Specialist
Location : Flexible
Salary : £30,000 - £36,000
My client is looking for someone who will develop into a water demand specialist and help lead the company's work
on water demand and leakage in the future.
You will be enthusiastic, confident, and forward thinking, probably with three years water sector
experience and looking for a challenge. We will provide you with the opportunity to learn from the company's
experts in water demand and leakage, and to develop your own thinking in the areas of water demand
technology, operation, policy, and regulation, so that you can progress and start to lead in these areas.
You will get the opportunity to work on a range of water demand and leakage projects with our expert
data scientists to bring an industry perspective to the outputs. You will also work with our water demand
and data science experts to identify and develop new business opportunities. As well as working with
the team you will have a client facing role in project delivery and helping to ensure that the
outputs we produce are aligned with client's needs.
This is a role that will give you the opportunity to help us maintain our reputation in water demand and
develop our skills in this area to meet future challenges.
You will learn and develop your own skills in water demand (household and non-household
consumption, leakage, and the water balance). These skills will include technical understanding,
market and regulatory knowledge, client communication, report and proposal writing, critical
thinking, problem solving, and strategic planning.
We will provide you with the opportunity to learn from the company's experts, and then you will have the
responsibility to apply these skills to consultancy projects, data science projects as subject matter
expert, and to identifying and developing new business opportunities.
You will work with colleagues, water industry clients and the data science team providing guidance,
recommendations and the sector insight required for project delivery across the full range of the company’s
water demand projects.
You will support the use of innovative solutions to aid in the research and development of specialist
services to keep the company at the forefront of the sector.
You will work with the business development team in responding to client requests for work and
identifying new areas for growth.
You will communicate project outcomes effectively to clients in an engaging, clear, and concise way
to help our clients understand the work we have provided.
• A numerate degree in engineering, physics, water management, maths, environmental
science or similar.
• At least 3 years’ experience working within the water industry, specifically in water demand
(household, non-household, leakage, and water balance).
• A good understanding of the current regulations and issues in the leakage and water demand
management and the needs of water companies over the next 5 to 10 years.
• The ability to communicate and explain these needs clearly and concisely.
• Knowledge of the technologies and processes for reducing leakage and water demand in a
• Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the confidence to present
findings to clients and a wider audience.
• You should have the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver to deadlines.
• You will be confident, proactive and have a passion for learning.
• Good analytical skills along with strategic thinking.
• You will have a strong sense of curiosity and creativity, to deliver innovative solutions.
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK