Tig Welders / Fabricators
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
My client is a major steel company and they are currently looking for Tig Welders / Fabricators for their sites in Louth, Ireland. The pay rate for this role is 15 - 25 Euros per hour.
Reporting to the Workshop Manager this role involves building and repair of new and ‘in service’ wastewater plants and equipment. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working in a workshop environment and possess good all-round skills in the areas of fitting (gearboxes, pumps), basic milling/turning and TIG welding. The ability to read drawings and interpret site sketches is a prerequisite and knowledge of stainless steel fabrication/pipework and/or CNC equipment would be a definite advantage.
The main duties and responsibilities of Welders / Fabricators are outlined as follows:
- Work as part of a team in the delivery of one or more projects at any one time, embracing the ethos of “one team” culture.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are always adhered.
- Review of design stage mechanical drawings and P&ID in order to validate designs, familiarise with project and spot issues before they arise. Provide input and feedback on design in order to contribute to DfMA efficiencies
- Complete machine and skid assemblies as required at their workshop in Ireland.
- Disassembly and repair/maintenance of equipment returning from site; requires flexible approach to working hours
- Complete system testing in the form of pipework pressure tests on completion of build or repair.
- Troubleshoot equipment and instrumentation, strip-down and repair equipment as necessary to ensure good working order including periodic inspections and preventative maintenance on system installations
- Complete all test documentation and inspection and test plans (ITPs) as required
- Ensure positive experience for the customer and their representatives instilling an ethos of professionalism, collaboration and co-operation.
- Actively participate in product and process improvement by providing lessons learned feedback and innovative solutions for adoption on future projects.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Other duties as required from time to time.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role in a fast-paced manufacture and repair workshop
- Experienced in the mechanical installation of equipment, systems and pipework (including Stainless Steel, PVC, PE, and Ductile Iron).
- Ability to liaise on a technical level with site personnel to support site activities
- Relevant Mechanical Fitting qualification
- Good working knowledge of pump, compressor, blower and valve systems including stripdown and repair.
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to weld mild steel and ability to weld stainless steel desirable.
- Ability to manage time when given a work list, including continuous feedback to line manager on work close-out.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise on-site.
- Full Driving License.