Technical Sales Engineer - Water
Quote ref: 10772/26245
Our client is a specialist water treatment company providing rapidly deployable solutions to the Construction, Food & Bev and Wastewater Industries. Their services are used by the largest civil engineering contractors in the UK as well as a number of household brands and major water utilities and they are currently looking to recruit Technical Sales Engineers for their Midlands operations.
The successful candidate will join the one of the technical sales teams and be responsible for the development of solutions from the initial sales enquiry, preparation of quotations for equipment, completing cost plans through to equipment schedules and liaising with the delivery team. The role requires a winning business outlook with sound focus on engineering solutions and occasional site visits will be required.
A candidate with experience in writing technical engineering proposals is desired and will be backed up with in-house technical support and training.
Responsibilities will include:
- Client interaction to identify opportunities and wastewater solutions
- Undertaking site visits to understand requirements and scope solutions
- Preparing written quotations and proposals
- Conducting technical and design evaluations of treatment systems
- Completing cost plans and equipment schedules
- Liaising with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Contribute to the on-going development of the products and services
- High level of self-motivation and a keen interest in engineering
- The ideal candidate will have a positive aptitude to solving problems with a practical outlook
- Drive and enthusiasm to succeed
- The candidate will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to build a good rapport with team members and customers
- A full UK driving licence
- This role will be office based but travel to client sites expected