Job Title : Technical Lead Mechanical Engineer ( Water Treatment)
Location : Bristol
My client is a major water company that operates across the South West and they are looking for a Technical Lead Mechanical Engineer with a strong water treatment background .
You will be responsible for:
• The technical management of the optioneering, outline design, detailed design and construction support stages being undertaken by the Internal Networks Design Team.
• Supporting the Design Project Manager with the preparation and agreement of fee proposals, programmes and general management of the contract and resources to ensure the team delivers in line with the agreed financial approvals.
• The review, audit and approval of all technical reports, appraisals, designs and drawings to ensure all comply with the company's health and safety, technical standards, legal and environmental.
• Ensuring lowest whole life cost solutions are adopted based on net present value analysis, thereby ensuring the company gets the right solution for the best value.
• Provide technical guidance and advise to ensure project success and cost effective achievement of the company capital scheme objectives.
• Support the Design Project Manager with audit and quality improvement reviews.
• Chair scheme technical post project reviews. Investigate both successful and failing schemes with a view to learning lessons and continual improvement.
• To lead any challenge on the company's technical and design standards raised either internally or through our external partners.
• Support external partners where there is a particular complex technical issue that puts the project delivery at risk or as otherwise directed by the Group Manager for Design.
• Support the team with the preparation of design documentation being delivered by Design Team.
• Represent Technical within the Design Leadership Team.
• Support the Delivery Programme Manager with the response to RFIs and the review of detailed design deliverables as provided by the relevant M&E contractor.
• Support where necessary, the project engineers in presenting designs to both internal and external stakeholders with sufficient skill to ensure approval of what may be controversial issues.
• Act as mentor to the more junior members of the team and instill a can-do culture within the team to support cost-effective delivery and personal development.
The candidate will:
• C Eng or I Eng with the Institute of Civil Engineers
• 20+ years’ experience working within a design environment but also including operational and construction experience.
• Already operating in a similar role as Technical Reviewer, within a commercial Design and Construct environment.
• Excellent staff and project management skills