Technical Director - Water
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our client is an international multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. Their expertise and capabilities cover: Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
Based in the company's Exeter office you will be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team of around 90 Engineers and Technicians. The office is known for its friendly and supportive work environment where personal development is fostered across a breadth of interesting and wide-ranging projects. They have a flexible structure which accommodates progression in pace with your development. The office has good transport links, with a train station within walking distance, easy access just off the motorway and ample parking.
You will be part of the company's Water Sector Team providing design expertise in collaboration with major UK companies across the country including South West Water, Severn Trent Water, Wessex Water, Thames Water, Southern Water, United Utilities and Yorkshire Water. You will get to work on a diverse range of water projects. For this role your focus is to work part of a co-located team, being actively involved in the refurbishment of treatment works, pipework, layout development, pumping stations, outfalls etc.
The projects you will work on within the water and waste sector are essential for the convenience of our daily lives. Matching this with key Environmental and Sustainable process you will make a real difference on all projects that you will be involved with for current and future generations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake the role of the Project Manager as required.
- Undertake the role of Line Manager as required.
- Prepare or supervise own discipline designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Monitor quality of own discipline team work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation.
- Check/ approve own discipline work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of own discipline standard specifications as required.
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
- Assist with monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of project resources.
- Comply with BMS Procedures.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required
- Civil Engineering Degree
- Ideally Chartered (ICE or similar)
- A minimum of 9 years’ experience working on Waste Water projects
- Technical Construction knowledge and proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs.