Main Purpose of the Job
An experienced Technical Director and integral member of the highways team working on all types of highways schemes from feasibility through to implementation. A key focus will be the development, leadership and delivery of the sector business plan for the region including management of existing client base both current and future. Reporting to the Divisional Director of the sector, the role holder will be responsible for working for this area of the business as well as reviewing projects with a national remit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
Provide technical input into major / minor highway and infrastructure schemes.
Management responsibility for Highways and Infrastructure projects.
Able to evaluate, write tenders/project scopes including financial aspects.
Manage project finances, project scope and delivery expectations
Attend Client and client team meetings as required
Able to prepare technical reports and detailed exercises to support developments from initial site appraisal to detailed planning applications/technical approvals
Provide support and guidance to the team and provide support to the planning team
Supervise site based projects as required.
Supervise and delegate to subordinates and others as required.
Coordinate and liaise input from other PF offices
Maintain a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current relevant design methods.
Comply with all Company Procedures and Work Instructions
Check/approve work, able to confidently discuss schemes in detail.
Supervise technical work of other staff as required.
Assist in monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of team members.
Qualifications • Degree in a relevant Engineer discipline
Experience • 10-15 years Highways Engineering experience
• Experience of running teams including coordinating with multi dis teams
• Understanding of health and safety issues in relation to the design and construction of civil engineering works
• Full understanding of current design standards and typical construction principals
• Experience in resolving design issues including resolving comments from the Local Authority
• Understanding of project finances including utilization, costing and forward planning
• Able to write fee proposals and Tenders
• Confident to express ideas/results in meetings.