Team Leader - Energy / Electrical Design
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy with a strong presence in the UK as well as the Middle East. As they are rapidly expanding their Energy teams they are looking to recruit for a Team Leader from an Energy / Electrical background to add to their Abu Dhabi offices in the UAE.
Team Leader: Energy leads a team of power, electrical and telecom engineers responsible for delivering projects from inception to completion. The Team Leader will be responsible for planning work assignments, providing technical reviews, project and quality management and daily oversight and support to team, serving as an advisor within energy team. Requires a broad multi-disciplinary knowledge of engineering. Should be considered a subject matter expert in electrical (power, instrumentation, and extra low voltage) field.
Team Management: Supports the Director in implementing the overall discipline strategic goals. Supervises groups of engineers and technicians and coordinates the activities. Accountable for the team's utilisation targets. Ensures that project design teams comply with project execution plans, including design management, project management and BIM management plans, and adhered to throughout the project delivery process. Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high-quality, cost-effective work by the team. Provides input to the development of the engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements. May be required to participate in recruitment activities. Carries out performance reviews of the staff within the team and acts as a mentor. Able to monitor and track the budget for the overall project of their specific discipline. Focusses on team development and creating excellent team culture emphasizing on collaboration. Able to lead a diverse team of highly qualified engineering team.
- Able to solve complex problems and provide solutions to infrastructure projects covering high voltage, medium voltage, low voltage, street lighting, telecom, ICT/ITS/Security, and pump station design etc. Should have good knowledge of renewable energy processes. Provide technical support to the team and act as main point of contact for other disciplines for all energy related tasks. Able to undertake hand on design work as and when required.
- Resolves issues or problems concerning conflicting requirements or complex coordination.
- Excellent report writing skills, prepares technical specifications and completes feasibility studies and adds input and value to the designs. Performs quality control reviews of design calculations and drawings by following policies and procedures and serves as Lead Verifier, confirming that the technical approach satisfies the client scope of services and expectations. Contributes as an in-house expert on specific technologies or processes. Develops solutions to complex and challenging issues using engineering methodologies to define new procedures when needed.
- 15 years experience in engineering consultancy
- 5 Years experience of managing electrical/energy team.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional status (CEng or PE)