Job Title: Site Manager (Earthworks)
Location : Leeds
Salary : £34,000 - £40,000
My client is seeking an experienced individual who will manage rail structures schemes such as earthworks and scour works on a day to day basis, managing; paper work, materials, equipment, labour and sub-contractors.
Your experience will require you to prepare and implement site specific management plans with an emphasis on the importance of health & safety at all times.
A strong background in earthworks and scour works will be essential to becoming successful in this role . As well as, strong people management skills which will enable you to provide guidance and practical advice to site personnel for the competent execution of the contract works.
• Manage Network Rail and rail related infrastructure contracts
• Responsible for quality of works on site
• Update weekly progress on site programme and site drawings & share with Project / Contracts Managers
• Plan, coordinate & motivate effective deployment of allocated personnel and resources
• Accept, control & reconcile works materials and equipment
• Implement site safety documentation & contract plans to achieve the clients’ requirements & specification
• Promote & implement site specific management plans to ensure site activities comply with company policies
• Provide guidance & advice to site personnel for competent execution of contract works
• Liaise with the Contract / Project Managers at all stages of works
• Analyse & report contract performance weekly reports and weekly returns. Monitor cost against budget, identify progress of works against programme. Liaise with Project Manager & Commercial team to enable financial recovery in conjunction with Site Supervisor / Foreman
• Manage site sub-contractors & sign timesheets for work completed
• Administration / completion of site paperwork, records & head office returns
• Liaise with client personnel as required
• Proven experience managing work sites and teams
• Civils background – Essential
• Earthworks / scour experience
• Experience managing day to day operations on multiple schemes
• NR Projects experience (rail background)