Job Title: Site Engineer ( Shaft/ Tunnel/ Water)
Salary : £35,000 - £40,000
My client is a UK wide tier 1 contractor and they are looking to recruit for site engineers from a shafts/tunnels/ water background for major prestigious project in London.
If you are a Site Engineer with circa 2-5 years post graduate experience of setting out on shafts/tunnels/water/civil projects and actively seeking career progression with a smart infrastructure solutions company then this will be a good opportunity for you.
As a site engineer, your input to the Tideway construction site will be technical, organisational and supervisory. You will set out and determine the location for infrastructural installations, both above and below ground, and will apply designs and plans to provide engineering assistance to site activities. You will also share responsibility for site health, safety, quality and environmental protection and the organisation and supervision of the manpower working on the construction site.
Working as part of the site management team, you'll be expected to liaise with other members of the construction support team including; engineers, planners, subcontractors, supervisors and surveyors.
As a site engineer, you will need to:
· Provide engineering input on site to subcontractors and tradespeople
· Setting out, doing pre-pour checks and picking up as-builts using survey equipment
· Perform site monitoring and surveying in line with site monitoring plans
· Develop safe systems of work, method statements and quality documentation; ITPs, QRPs and the like.
· Assist in monitor budgets and site performance of work on site.
· Ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
· Assist with requisition of materials
· Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
· Attend regular progress meetings to inform the wider team
· Assist in the day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors in area of responsibility
· Assist with planning the work and efficiently organise the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
· Monitor and contribute to the quality control and health and safety matters on site
· Prepare reports as required
· Raise and assist to resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
A degree or HNC/HND in a construction-related or engineering discipline and CSCS card required.
Site Manager’s Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) and Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS) qualifications desirable but not mandatory
The application should demonstrate
· Previous involvement with construction of reinforced concrete structures is required, involvement within the water sector and/or heavy RC works. Any experience in civil works, excavation, demolition, SCL, Shaft or tunnel construction would be beneficial. 2 year+ preferred.
· Competency and experience in setting out, surveying and use of a total station
· Communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, e.g. construction managers, quantity surveyors, subcontractors, architects, designers, other engineers
· Organisation skills and a methodical approach to work