Site Engineer - Civils
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Site Engineer to join their Building team located in Cork. This project will see you working on Cork's largest student accommodation project. This role will initially be based in the Cork area. However, the successful candidate will be expected to work on construction sites, Company fixed locations and other locations throughout the UK and Ireland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting Project Managers in supervising the development of the site through to completion, ensuring that programme, quality and cost targets are achieved in accordance with the build programme, through the effective management of the site team and sub-contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project planning – ensuring the effective management of the project from start to handover.
- Support management in co-ordinating trades, direct labour and materials to meet the construction programme. Including working with utility providers
- Direct supervision of work activities
- Monitor and control of all site activity to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure health and safety practices are maintained to provide a safe working environment, including hazard and control.
- Preparation of method statements and risk assessments.
- Liaise with client representatives to facilitate work activities.
- Accept responsibility for such duties and responsibilities as the Project Manager may determine.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies.
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent qualification. Candidates without this level of education may be considered if they can demonstrate suitable work experience as deemed appropriate by Management.
- Full Driving License
- Professional Qualification such as CIOB, RICS, RIBA or APM
- Appropriate and Valid CSCS Card
- Sound knowledge of construction management or civil engineering with min. 3 years’ experience.
- Passionate about construction and building, with good career continuity.
- Commercially aware with a great knowledge of construction and engineering within the UK/ROI.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and technology.
- Financial Awareness with experience managing construction related budgets and key performance indicators.
- Proven track record managing people, logistics, suppliers, sub-contractors, quality, environment and health and safety in a busy and demanding working environment.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- Civil Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent
- CSCS card in the appropriate discipline and ideally hold a CITB SMSTS/ SSSTS qualification
- Full Driving License
- Previous experience as a Site Engineer working on major structures, highways or marine is essential
- Good communication skills, verbal and written and able to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organisational skills
- An excellent professional demeanour
- Flexible approach to working hours and potentially different locations
- Willingness to assume additional responsibilities in keeping with the project requirements