Site Agent - Water / Infrastructure
- Deadline: 11.03.2024
My client requires Site Agents with experience in water and/or infrastructure project delivery to support the delivery of projects within their Core and non-Core planned projects. The role will report to the Project Manager.
Individual project values will typically range between £500k - £3M. A Site Agent will be responsible for the delivery of a single larger site or multiple smaller scale projects with an emphasis on site safety, quality, programme and commercial/subcontract management.
The Site Agent will develop key relationships with UU operational personnel, supply chain partners and promote a team spirit environment, being the site-based lead for MSP on the projects under their control.
- Providing whole life oversight and accountability for the successful completion of Maintenance Projects and Services, through design, procurement, assembly, commissioning, and handover as required
- Ensure the supply chain remain compliant with both the Framework Management Plan, Framework HASEMP, and all Site-specific agreed documents
- Implementation and ensuring compliance to Safe systems of work in line with MSP SHE Procedures
- Establishing and leading site collaborative planning and taking ownership of the project look-ahead programme
- Management of change control, liaising with the commercial team and Project Manager in the management and resolution of change and subcontract management
- Provide Leadership to create a safety culture to ensure Zero LTI and RIDDOR Incidents.
- Ensure a commercial focus with a high level of challenge on project scope and choosing efficient delivery strategies, whilst identifying waste and ensuring value for money solutions
- Ensure that all stakeholders within MSP and United Utilities are engaged and supportive of the projects and services and their potential impacts
- Ensure all projects and services comply fully with United Utilities governance processes, obtaining necessary approvals
- Ensure consistent and reliable reporting of project/services performance into the MSP systems to create a single version of the truth, and report performance monthly by exception into the PM.
- Ensure key project and programme risks are identified early, and mitigated where possible, with issues and blockers escalated immediately to the PM.
- Leading the site team, driving a positive SHEQ culture and promoting Framework and Group improvement initiatives.
- Identifying site delivery resource requirements, liaising with the Project Manager on resource and support requirements in a timely manner
- Report project and services performance SHEQ, Time and Cost, monthly to allow portfolio performance reviews to be held between the ADM and Project Managers
- Striving to identify and then deliver efficiencies
- Identify blockers/issues and ensure that a solution is developed to resolve, and immediately escalate where out of your area of control or influence.
- 100% SHEQ compliance with the Framework HASEMP, and compliance with the Framework Management plan
- Work in close collaboration with colleague’s, teams and clients forming supportive and positive, open relationships.
- Achieving efficient handover of projects on completion
- Stakeholder management both internal and external
- Management of United Utilities customers impacted by the project
- Ensure statutory approvals are being obtained
- Contributing to the monthly forecasting of cost and programme for all projects.
- Skills, knowledge, and experience of CDM and Construction Management in the capacity of Principle Contractor
- Advanced understanding of the importance of the customer and how to minimise and enhance the impact their works have on them ensuring their needs are accounted for in the delivery of every scheme.
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Good understanding of Water and Wastewater treatment
- Strong People and Leadership Skills
- Strong Contract Awareness from a site delivery perspective
- Good problem-solving skills, able to provide solutions
- Able to prioritise and reprioritise tasks
- Good understanding of site delivery and buildability
- Track record of delivery of projects
- Solid commercial, financial and analytical skills
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to be able to respond rapidly to unexpected events, having the ability to develop creative solutions to problems
- Delivery of key targets and objectives within the limits of available resources
- Proven track record of managing different contractual arrangements, competitive tender/partnering/frameworks
Qualifications and Training:
- Previous experience in the water industry in a project delivery role
- HNC/HND or degree in a relevant engineering discipline (preferred, but other relevant industry qualifications will be considered)
- CITB SMSTS qualification
- EUSR Water Hygiene (preferred – training provided once in role if necessary)
- Temporary Works Coordinator (Preferred / willingness to undertake training once in role)
- Lifting Appointed Person (Preferred / willingness to undertake training once in role)
- First Aid (Preferred / willingness to undertake training once in role)
- Confined Space Working (Preferred / willingness to undertake training once in role)