Job Title : Senior Water Treatment Engineer
Location: Warwick (Midlands)
Salary : £40,000 - £55,000
In line with our ambitious growth plans we are inviting applicants to apply for the role of Water Treatment Engineering Manager. The role will be based out of our Warwickshire depot but due to the nature of the work and the national coverage we offer, expensed overnight stays away are likely.
The ideal candidate will be a suitably qualified electrical/ chemical or mechanical engineer with a “can do” attitude who ideally has a proven track record within the water treatment sector.
Key Activities and Tasks:
Leading the onshore engineering department your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Attending and contributing to all relevant project and technical meetings.
• Assisting in the development and improvement of existing product lines.
• Assisting in the research and development of new innovative solutions.
• New equipment assessment, stress testing and field trials (pumps, flow/pressure/turbidity sensors, process controllers).
• Servicing, installation, commissioning & fault finding of rental water filtration systems notably flow proportional chemical dosing systems. An understanding of mechanical separation using centrifuges would be beneficial but not essential.
• Field process support - fault finding/implementation of repair solutions for non-performing equipment.
• Provide over the phone technical support to clients.
• Mentoring and training of field engineers and technical sales staff.
• Maintaining and replenishing essential spares and stock items needed to support the existing product lines.
• Undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing (FATs)
• Preparation of delivery and installation plans.
• Undertaking customer training on installed equipment.
• Degree qualification in an engineering discipline (preferably chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or similar)
Computer Skills, Hard Working, Ability to Problem Solve, Ability to work in a team and initiative to work by themselves.
• Strong understanding of electrical disciplines (some panel design experience would be preferable).
• The ability to think logically, negotiate, prioritise and have strong communication skills.
• Strong leadership with an inspirational management style.
• General process engineering experience and awareness of some of the following: chemical treatment techniques, metals removal techniques, solids separation techniques, oily water separation techniques, pH correction techniques.
• Relevant industry experience is desirable with practical outlook
• Previous Construction and Commercial site experience
• History with Water Treatment services / Environmental services
• Hold a Full UK Driver License