Senior Site Engineer - Water
Quote ref: 4762/26818
My client is a Tier 1 main contractor working on key water projects in the North East region. They are currently seeking a Senior Site Engineer - Water to join their team in Durham.
This role will see you managing site engineers, reviewing construction information, and assisting the site management teams with all aspects of health, safety and environmental management. You’ll also liaise closely with the Engineering and Integration team to ensure work is carried out in line with specifications and drawings.
The project will be improving the underground network of water pipes, constructing a new 24km, 800mm diameter pipeline between Lartington Water Treatment Works and Shildon via Whorley Hill. The pipeline will cross underneath the River Tees and Alwent Beck to a depth of 50 metres. Around 200,000 customers will benefit from this work.
As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Building strong working relationships with the Engineering team and sub-contractors.
- Assisting in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions, and quantity.
- Assisting in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc.
- Providing engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
- Responsible for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances
- Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks ensuring that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly.
- Ensuring workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining setting out and dimensional control, to ensure accurate construction of the work.
- Taking a proactive approach to managing Health and Safety on site.
- Coordinating and supervising temporary works as required.
- Implementing a regime of test and inspection plans for all works on site.
- Educated to degree standard in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Technical knowledge of construction and best practices
- An appropriate and valid CSCS / CSR card
- Sound knowledge of engineering
- Sound knowledge of latest building regulations, legislation and Health and Safety
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office packages
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organizational skills