Senior Quantity Surveyor – Slough
As my client continues to grow, they are on the look out for a talent Senior Quantity Surveyor to come and join them to be based on one project in Slough. As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will work closely with the wider project ensuring the project runs to programme and budget and offering an excellent service to the client.
This project ha a further 2 years to go on it and we are delivering a mix of civils, utilities and landscaping works for the clients. The project is being delivered predominantly by of sub-contractor model, so ideally, we are looking for candidates that have strong sub-contractor procurement and management experience. It will be essential that you have experience of NEC contract forms.
Some of your duties will include
• Develop and maintain relationship with clients
• Ensure Project Forecasting is accurately reported on a monthly basis
• Ensuring and safe archiving and backing-up of all relevant commercial information relating to Projects and that it meets the required company and industry standard.
• Monthly Commercial Reporting / Health Check Reporting
• Ensuring accurate Month - End CVR Reporting
• Ensuring all Commercial Activities are performed in an ethical manner while maintaining a competitive position for the company
• Reviewing and managing Risk and Opportunities
• Ensure cashflow is maintained
What you will need to succeed in the role
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant subject
• Working knowledge of utility and construction sectors
• Working knowledge of contract law and commercial practice.
• Knowledge of construction contracts and related procurement contract documents and practice.
• Good interpersonal relationship skills with confident, resilient approach
• Excellent commercial management skills with close attention to detail
• Good presentation and negotiating skills