My client is a specialist water and wastewater process technology and services company within their group who design, build and operate water and wastewater plants for the treatment of municipal sewage and industrial effluent in the UK and Ireland.
They are currently looking to recruit a senior process engineer with a water treatment background for their offices in Bedfordshire.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
REPORTING TO: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Qualifications and Experience
• To be a degree qualified engineer/scientist with more than 8-10 year’s experience as a Process Engineer in the water and wastewater industry.
• Associate of Professional Institute and ideally Chartered.
• Person to be an excellent communicator and negotiator, with good technical and inter-personal skills, able to deliver as part of a team to produce quality results.
• A flair for organisation and commercial awareness to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
This role is to support the Technical Director in the development and delivery of technical solutions from business development, through tendering and scheme development to full delivery of successful projects, including commissioning.
A key function of this role is to continue to promote and grow the company as a UK market leader in the provision of wastewater and water treatment technology.
To manage process design and commissioning so as to ensure timely production of information for efficient contract completion; in undertaking these tasks they will:
Establish process design criteria and requirements for each project.
Undertake detailed process design and hydraulic calculations.
Prepare P&I diagrams in collaboration with Mechanical, Electrical and Design Engineers.
Prepare mass balance diagrams and process flow diagrams.
Prepare technical documentation including process control philosophies and technical schedules.
Prepare process specifications/data sheets for equipment and instruments.
Prepare operation and maintenance manuals.
Prepare subcontract process design specifications and scopes of work.
Check and approve subcontractor deliverables.
Day to day liaison with multidisciplinary project teams both internally and with our clients.
Attend, and on occasion lead, internal and external HAZOP meetings, and Hazardous Area Classification meetings.
Manage the preparation of Process and Commissioning specifications, procedures and documents.
Supervise / undertake process commissioning.
Carry out on-site operator training.
To identify and develop new opportunities, supporting the marketing department; in undertaking these tasks they will:
Engage with and develop relationships with new technology suppliers.
Assist with developing new solutions and plant performance information as marketing tools for the company.
Provide support of any due diligence for new technology and pilot trials.
Work closely and build relationships with clients to identify solutions to align with their future requirements and current challenges.
• To provide technical support and guidance to tendering and sales, in undertaking these tasks they will:
Prepare and deliver technical presentations to clients.
Carry out process assessment of new opportunities and develop innovative and cost-effective solutions.
Prepare process design information.
Identify process risks and assumptions.
Assist with capital and whole life costing.
• To support development of the process design function and technical department, through;
Enhancement of standard engineering procedures, documents and associated templates.
Development of internal process design tools and documentation.
Training and mentoring of junior staff.
• Process design preparation and completion
• Detailed knowledge of the Municipal and Industrial Wastewater sectors, additional Water sector knowledge would be advantageous
• Professional Engineering Background
• Broad understanding of managing Process risks
• Experienced in using MS-Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook. Additional knowledge of process modelling software would be advantageous
• Good communication and collaboration skills
• A problem solver – technically innovative
• Good team player, able to work in small multidisciplinary teams
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Flexible and able to adapt
• Confident, able to influence at all levels
• Passionate – results and quality driven
• Full UK driving licence