Senior/Principal Urban Catchment Modeller
Quote ref: 1061/24797
Our Client is one of the largest building services consultancy, they are currently looking for an experienced Senior/Principal Urban Catchment Modeller to join their growing team on a permanent basis to support the increasing portfolio and workload across the UK and internationally.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Technical and project management of DWMPs and other projects including Storm Water Management, SuDS, drainage, option development, SOAF and WFD delivery.
- Undertake Project Manager role on projects where required
- Support in the development of Client Relationship with their key Water Company and non-Water Company clients to support growth.
- Support in the preparation of bid documents and estimates.
- Supervision of project teams and supporting the Business Manager in resource planning.
- Promote staff development through training, on-the-job experience, and personal development
- Contributing towards technical innovation and improvement workgroups.
The successful candidate should be degree qualified have appropriate professional qualifications and have a broad range of experience in:
- Catchment Planning– determination of hydraulic, environmental, and operational needs of catchments and the development of various horizon strategies to improve catchment performance
- Blue Green Infrastructure
- Solution Development– development of outline designs, and support through detailed design process
- Model Build and Verification – creating robust sewer network models that are suitable for analysis and solution development
- Hydraulic and Water Quality Analysis – intelligent assessment of catchment hydraulics and pollutant sources to identify needs and risks
- Integrated Catchment Modelling – constructing models for assessing the interaction between sewers (storm and foul), watercourses and overland flows
- The successful candidate shall demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Wastewater market sector, excellent technical skills and have a proven track record in one or more of business development, client management, project management and line management.
- Knowledge of the water environment and sustainability and desire to apply your skills to the challenges the water environment faces
- A natural curiosity for developing innovative, sustainable, and cost-effective solutions for our clients
- Understanding of UK Water Industry and regulatory issues.
- Proven track record in coordinating and delivering technically excellent projects on time and to budget
- Attained a chartered status (ICE or CIWEM)
- Experience in urban drainage modelling
- Competence in the use of Hydraulic modelling software
- First class written and oral communication skills
- Experience working on Storm Water Management and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS)
- Experience working with software such as FME, Power Bi, and/or programming tools such as Ruby, Python and Visual Basic.
- Experience of team working on multi-disciplinary projects
- Sound commercial understanding
- Able to develop and motivate junior team members
Our Client seeks an Individual that can demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- A hard working and flexible individual, a team player, who has great attention to detail, is reliable, shows initiative and is proactive and able to deliver to set deadlines.
- Enthusiasm about urban drainage and it’s role within the environment.
- A confident and professional manner.
- Good team working skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A supportive approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients and the whole project team.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.