Job Title: Senior / Principal Consultant - Climate Change
Location : Central London
Salary : £40,000 - £50,000
Our work includes supporting clients in the transition to net zero and low carbon economies and we
work with designers and engineers to ensure new development is resilient to future climate change
impacts. We develop greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories for a wide variety of projects and
developments, produce GHG and climate change assessments for EIA and planning, and advise on
setting emission reduction targets. We develop climate-related strategies, undertake climate change
risk assessments and provide technical, scientific, and socioeconomic advice, based on objective,
impartial and evidence-based analysis of a climate change policy.
The successful candidate will support a wide range of on-going projects across sectors including
residential, transport, energy, industry and government. You will have a client-facing role with
responsibility in terms of managing project teams and project delivery. You will lead and contribute
to the development of proposals for new work and for large and complex public and private sector
This is an exceptional opportunity at an exciting time both for our business and for environmental
consultancy. With us, you will be involved at the heart of the team and will play a key role in the
delivery of our work. You will work in a friendly, supportive environment and will be given one to
one support, mentoring, learning and development via experienced colleagues. External training will
be provided where required.
We would consider more senior roles for the right candidate.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
Candidates will need to be able to work on their own and as part of a team, sharing responsibility for
the management of both projects and staff.
Skills / Experience:
• An understanding of UK and international climate legislation and policy drivers
• Understanding and experience of climate projections such as UKCP18
• Experience of developing GHG inventories and considering climate change impacts including
life-cycle, production, and consumption-based footprinting methodologies
• Experience of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
• Experience in the technical management of large and complex climate change assessments
• Track-record in the governmental or consultancy sectors
• Detailed knowledge of the linkages between energy and climate change
• Knowledge and experience in climate risks, mitigation and adaptation
• Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear and concise reports in English.
• High technical capability and ability to review and interpret data.
• Organisation, initiative, and the ability to plan your work and adhere to fixed deadlines.
• Full UK driving licence.
• Sector-specific experience (i.e. aviation)
• Knowledge of carbon markets, offsetting and renewable energy
• Experience in sustainable design
• Knowledge of the ESG reporting, including an understanding of the TCFD recommendations
• Experience of corporate GHG footprinting and reporting
• Understanding of impact assessment approaches and techniques including water risk,
climate change, biodiversity
• Experience integrating inputs from diverse disciplines
• Published work in the climate change field.
• Relevant A-Levels and Degree
• MSc or higher in an appropriate science or engineering-based discipline
• Membership of relevant professional institutions.