Senior / Principal Civil Design Engineer - WATER
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
One of the largest Our client building services consultancy is currently looking for an experienced Senior / Principal Civil Design Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis to support the delivery of numerous projects all across the UK and internationally. Our Client's infrastructure division is seeking to appoint a number of Senior/Principal Civil Engineers to join their water engineering team based at the Epsom office. If you have a passion for engineering and would like to join Atkins SNC-Lavalin to deliver our Client's growth plan across the UK and globally, they would be keen to hear from you and about your career aspirations. Flexible working is supported.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of UK and/or international projects across their lifecycles: from feasibility/options assessments to detailed design, construction, commissioning and handover support.
- Supporting win work pursuits through production of proposals, fees, and scope definition in accordance with Akins’ bid management system.
- Engage with the clients and contractors, including in a Design and Build environment, to develop, innovate and implement best practice water engineering solutions.
- Collaborative working with the clients, contractors and across external/internal project teams to ensure successful and cost effective delivery of projects.
- Actively plan, execute and review engineering design deliverables including calculations, drawings, specifications and reports in accordance with relevant design -standards, codes and Akins’ design management system.
- Contribute to the efficient and agile delivery of projects to meet programme and budget.
- Leadership in contributing to overall quality and safe design of technical solutions in project delivery.
- Champion the application of digital engineering initiatives and innovation in water sector solutions.
- Act as a mentor to other team members, potentially with line management responsibility.
The successful candidate for this role would hold the following responsibilities and attributes working as part of our Client's dynamic multidisciplinary water engineering team.
- Bachelor’s degree with a civil engineering bias; Chartered Member of a recognised engineering institution.
- Experience of design or Design and Build projects and bid delivery in the water and/or wastewater engineering sector. International experience is beneficial but not essential.
- A strong technical water sector background, including knowledge of relevant UK and international codes and standards.
- Highly motivated, organised and with a strong desire to lead and contribute to technical excellence within project teams and the wider Atkins.
- Experience in a technical engineering lead role on projects
- Experience of working with contractors to deliver the successful implementation of engineering solutions, in a Design and Build environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a multidisciplinary team including clients, contractors and colleagues alike.
- Good understanding of digital initiatives and their application in the water industry.
- Flexible approach to work type and locations for project assignments, including overseas working or visits, if required.