Senior Networks Engineer (Water Industry)
My client is looking to recruit a Senior Network Engineer to manage a small in-house team of engineers as well as external consultants, with the preparation of outline and detailed civil engineering designs for flood alleviation schemes and produce technical and commercial specifications, drawings and schedules, working in close partnership with our customer and contractor partners.
• Chartered engineer or equivalent competency
• Outline and detailed design experience a must.
• Strong water industry experience, especially in relation to waste water networks, pumping stations, storage tanks etc. (experience with water and wastewater treatment would be an advantage)
• Project management experience
• Understanding of designer’s responsibilities under CDM
• Experience of managing internal and external customers and other project stakeholders
• Experience of working with hydraulic modelling teams
• Experience of managing small design teams
• Be commercially astute
• Have both the technical capability and substantial professional experience of working within a commercial and design & construct environment.
• Have strong IT and communication skills
• Experience with Developer Services work
• Experience of delivering Environment Agency flooding projects
• Knowledge of Infoworks (CS & ICM)
• Understand and interpret hydraulic modelling results
• Knowledge of MicroDrainage
• Knowledge of GIS systems
• Experience of delivering design for UK water companies
• Experience of resource, programme and cost management
• An appreciation of the need to interact with the M&E design and contractor partners
• Experience of working within a design and construct environment
In return, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
You must be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK and provide evidence of qualifications gained