Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - WATER
Quote ref: 3642/24574
My client is a specialist water and wastewater process technology and mechanical services company that deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve water supply and wastewater treatment works. With ongoing growth in the sector they are looking for a Senior Mechanical Structural Engineer to join and help grow the business further. My client are based in Kempton, Bedfordshire where both the head office and workshop facility are located and this role will also be based.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
• Lead and co-ordinate a mechanical engineering service to the Project and Product Managers, and Site Managers.
• Produce and review structural calculations for tanks, support structures and assemblies.
• Undertake feasibility, scoping and design activities on projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets.
• Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards.
• Ensure that design takes full regard of all health, safety and environmental requirements.
• Produce mechanical design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively. In evaluating the cost, the whole out turn cost of the design solution must be considered including design time costs, material costs, fabrication cots, erection costs and any impact that the design solution might have on other disciplines.
• Advising and assisting CAD Designers on the contract to ensure the correct execution of all drawings.
• Checking of “in-house” and vendor drawings.
• Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
• Undertake technical assessments and equipment selection.
• Provide technical support to the workshop fabrication and site installation teams.
• Produce estimates and feedback for Proposals department.
• Update procedures and processes
• To be a chartered mechanical engineer with more than 8-10 years’ experience as a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
• Significant experience in the structural design of steel vessels and structures to current Eurocodes.
• Person to be an excellent communicator and negotiator, with good technical and inter-personal skills, able to deliver as part of a team to produce quality results.
• A flair for organisation and commercial awareness to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
• UK resident with full UK driving licence.
• Detailed knowledge of the Municipal and Industrial Wastewater sectors, additional Water sector knowledge would be advantageous.